The antibacterial and antiviral properties of garlic provide relief from the bacterial infections in the hair follicle. The Sulphur compounds present in garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Brush 1 – 2 garlic cloves.
- Apply the garlic paste on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the process daily.
23. Witch hazel
The natural astringent properties of witch hazel contains anti-inflammatory properties. It also provides relief from other dermatological infections. This process is effective for both ingrown hair and razor bumps.
- Dip a cotton ball in witch hazel.
- Dab the cotton ball on the affected areas.
- Leave it on to dry completely.
- Repeat the process regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
- Exfoliate the skin before shaving, this prevents ingrown hairs or razor bumps.
- Women can opt for waxing instead of shaving.
- Wash the affected area daily with antibacterial soap and lukewarm water. This helps to prevent bacterial growth.
- Make sure to use a razor with single blade instead of multiple blades which prevents razor bumps.
- Regularly exfoliate and moisturize the areas where you remove unwanted hairs.
- Applying antiseptic creams on the affected areas which prevent the infection in the hair follicles.
- Avoid applying too much pressure on the hair follicles.
- After removing the ingrown hair, avoid shaving for at least 4 weeks. Women should
- Avoid using old razors and blades for shaving.
- If the problem still persists even after trying out the home remedies, then consult a dermatologist.