5. Lemon and Honey
The combination of lemon and honey helps to increase the production of saliva in the mouth which eliminates bad breath.
- Into a glass of lukewarm water, add juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir well until honey dissolves completely and drink it.
- Repeat twice a day for a fortnight.
6. Lemon and Baking Soda
Lemon juice contains citric acid which has anti-bacterial effect on the odor-causing bacteria. Baking soda is alkaline in nature and works by balancing and neutralizing the acidic environment in the mouth (which causes a bad odor).
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a bottle.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ½ cup of water to it.
- Close the lid tightly and shake well.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the resulting solution at a time in your mouth and swish it around.
- Continue this for about a minute.
- Rinse mouth well with water.
- Repeat once or twice a day.
Note: You can also use a lime instead of lemon in this remedy, which will result in a slightly more bitter taste.