7. Lemon and Mint
Since mint contains chlorophyll, chewing them scrapes off harmful bacteria from the teeth, leaving behind a fresh taste.
- Take a fresh leaf of wild mint and wash it thoroughly.
- Pour 2 drops of lemon juice on it and chew it.
- Repeat whenever required, especially after a meal as a mouth freshener.
8. Lemon and Anise
Anise seeds contain anethole, a natural flavoring substance with a characteristic sweet aromatic flavor. It is also a natural anti-bacterial that makes it an effective mouth freshener.
- Add a handful of green anise seeds powder to cold water in a bowl.
- Cover and keep it aside for 4 – 5 hours.
- Add 10 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Strain the solution using a sieve.
- Use the solution to rinse your mouth.
- Repeat the process thrice a day.