9. Lemon and Yogurt
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics like acidophilus, which is a good bacterium that helps in the process of digestion. This stabilizes the immune system resulting in reduction of bloating, gas and subsequent bad breath.
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Mix them together and apply the mixture on your teeth.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Repeat on alternate days of the week.
10. Lemon and Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in polyphenols and anti-oxidants that fight bad breath by preventing the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
- To a cup of warm water, add 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Stir well and use this mixture to gargle for 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat every alternate day for best results.