13. Lemon, Cinnamon and Honey
The cinnamaldehyde present in cinnamon works as an anti-bacterial to restrict the growth of bacteria present in saliva, reducing bad breath.
- In a bottle, add freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 ½ teaspoon of honey.
- Screw on the lid of the bottle and shake well.
- Use the resulting solution as a mouthwash or gargle.
- Repeat the method daily.
Note: You can also add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the solution for a more effective mouthwash remedy.
14. Lemon, Ginger and Pomegranate
Pomegranate peel is a rich source of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants. When combined with lemon and ginger juice in powdered form, it works effectively to lessen the occurrence of bad breath.
- Peel a pomegranate and place the peel in the sun for a few hours.
- Once dry, powder it in a food processor.
- Add about 3 grams of powdered peel in a glass of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of lemon and ginger juice to it.
- Either drink the mixture or gargle with it 8-10 times.
- Repeat the method thrice a week.