How to Use Avocado for Dry Hair?
The simplest method of using avocado for dry hair is to directly apply its pulp or oil on the hair and scalp. It can also be used in combination with other natural ingredients as hair masks to hydrate dry and damaged hair.
In all the following hair masks/remedies, keep the below points in mind:
- Use a ripe, medium-sized avocado.
- While applying the hair masks, make sure you focus more on the tips of your hair as these tend to be the driest and most damaged parts.
- Follow up the shampooing with a mild conditioner in case of excessive dryness.
1. Avocado Fruit Hair Mask
Avocado acts as an effective natural conditioner for dry hair. Direct application of avocado pulp as a nourishing mask on hair and scalp works to rejuvenate and moisturize the dry hair.
- Cut open a ripe avocado into two halves.
- Scoop out the pulp and mash it using a fork or a masher.
- Dampen your hair with cool water.
- Smear the mashed pulp all over your hair and scalp.
- Put on a shower cap so that it doesn’t drip.
- Leave it on for about an hour.
- Wash off with water; shampoo and condition as usual.
- Repeat this every alternate day for a fortnight.
2. Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is the simplest and most effective natural remedy to nourish and moisturize dry, damaged and brittle hair.
- Take a small quantity of avocado oil in a bowl.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Massage gently in circular motions for 3-5 minutes.
- Tie you hair in a loose ponytail or clip it up and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo in the morning.
- Repeat the application on alternate days for a month.