3. Avocado DIY Shampoo
A simple way to combat dryness of hair is by making your own homemade avocado shampoo. This can be used instead of the usual shampoos containing harsh chemicals which damage the hair.
- Chop 1 avocado and blend it into a fine paste.
- Add ¼ cup warm distilled water and blend until it attains a uniform consistency.
- Add 4 teaspoons baking soda to the blended mixture and mix well.
- Use this paste as a shampoo on damp hair.
- Massage it on hair and scalp gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Allow hair to air dry.
- Use it twice a week to cleanse your hair.
Note: This homemade avocado shampoo is non-foaming, so it will not work up a rich lather like other chemical shampoos. However, it will be very effective in cleansing and moisturizing dry hair.
4. Avocado and Milk
Milk is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that works as an excellent natural conditioner and nourish the hair follicles.
- Take pulp from 1 avocado in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of full-fat milk to it.
- Apply this mixture to damp hair and scalp.
- Put on a shower cap and wait for an hour.
- Wash off with cool water and a mild shampoo.
- Re-apply thrice a week for a month.
Note: You can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture for better results.
5. Avocado and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil forms a protective layer around the hair shafts to prevent moisture loss and control the frizz. It also helps to prevent the hair breakage.
- In a bowl, mash 1 avocado till it is free of lumps.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to it.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Once your hair is fully covered with it, wear a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture with cool water followed by a mild shampoo.
- Repeat procedure twice in a week.