6. Avocado and Lemon Juice
The citric acid in lemon juice helps to maintain the pH levels of the scalp and seals the cuticles to prevent moisture loss from the hair shafts.
- Combine pulp of 1 avocado and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply it on damp or dry hair and scalp.
- Wait for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and a mild shampoo.
- Re-apply twice a week for a month.
7. Avocado and Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is rich in oils that deeply condition dry hair, giving soft, smooth and lustrous locks.
- In a bowl, mix pulp of ½ avocado and 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture; shampoo and condition as usual.
- Use this hair mask twice a week.
8. Avocado and Egg Yolk
Lecithin is a protein component of the egg yolk which helps reduce dry and frizzy hair. Fatty acids present in the egg yolk helps to improve the dryness of the scalp.
- Blend the pulp of 1 avocado with 1 egg yolk till it attains a smooth texture.
- Apply the paste liberally on damp hair from the roots to the tips.
- Wrap hair in a bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture and shampoo hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Apply this hair mask once in a week.
Note: You can also add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the mixture. Lemon juice helps to remove the pungent odor of the egg yolk.