9. Avocado, Banana and Olive Oil
Banana is rich in natural oils, potassium, carbohydrates and vitamins which help soften the hair and prevent dryness.
- Blend 1 ripe banana, 1 ripe avocado and 1 tablespoon of olive oil together.
- Apply it evenly to damp hair and scalp.
- Massage it in with circular motions.
- Wear a shower cap and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off the application; shampoo and condition as usual.
- Apply once a week for shiny and lustrous hair.
10. Avocado, Coconut Milk and Almond Oil Hair Mask
Nutrient-rich almond oil has high amounts of vitamins, monosaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids which help to keep the hair nourished and hydrated.
- In a blender, add pulp of 1 avocado, 2 cups of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Blend until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask liberally to hair and scalp.
- Cover hair with a shower cap.
- Leave the hair mask on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with water; follow up with shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply twice a month for best visible results.
11. Avocado, Honey and Olive Oil
Honey is a natural humectant that helps to seal moisture within the hair shaft. This prevents stripping of excessive oils that lead to dryness of hair.
- Blend 1 chopped avocado, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Apply on hair and scalp with your fingers.
- Wear a shower cap. Blow dry at low heat on the shower cap for about 15 minutes. Or else you can also sit out in the sun for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once a week for best results.
Note: You can also add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to the ingredients in the blender.