12. Avocado, Honey, Tea Tree Oil and Argan Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural remedy for treating all kinds of scalp problems, from dryness to flakes. Argan oil is an effective natural hair conditioner, rich in beneficial nutrients like fatty acids and Vitamin E which help to combat dryness.
- In a bowl, mash 1 avocado into a pulpy paste.
- Add 10 drops argan oil, 2 tablespoons honey and 1-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Stir until the mixture attains a smooth and creamy texture.
- Using gloves, apply the mixture directly on to scalp and hair.
- Massage gently for 1-2 minutes and leave on for 15-20 mins.
- Rinse thoroughly, shampoo and condition as usual.
- Repeat once a week for a month.
13. Avocado, Yogurt and Jojoba Oil
Yogurt has excellent hydrating properties that work in combination with avocado to repair and condition dry and damaged hair. Jojoba oil is packed with Vitamin E, B-complex, copper, selenium, chromium, zinc and iodine which are all essential for healthy hair growth.
- Add the pulp of 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tablespoon jojoba oil together in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture attains a smooth consistency.
- Apply evenly on damp hair and scalp.
- Let it stay on for an hour.
- Rinse off with water; shampoo and condition.
- Repeat once in a week.
14. Avocado, Shea Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil
Shea butter seals in the moisture by coating each strand of hair in a thin, non-greasy layer of fat. It is a great natural emollient and moisturizer for the scalp and hair. Apple cider vinegar is a natural gentle cleanser and conditioner that maintain the pH level of the scalp, preventing dryness of hair.
- Into a blender, add 1 chopped avocado, ½ cup shea butter, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup olive oil.
- Blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse well with cool water.
- Re-apply every week for soft, shiny locks.