15. Avocado and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive oil is an excellent natural conditioner for dry and frizzy hair. Its hydrating properties help in restoring the natural moisture content of the hair shafts.
- In a bowl, mash avocado pulp with a fork till it is no longer lumpy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into it.
- Dampen your hair with water.
- Apply the mixture evenly on hair and scalp.
- Wear a shower cap over it and leave it on for an hour.
- Rinse your hair with water followed by a mild shampoo.
- Re-apply alternate days a week for best results.
16. Avocado, Oatmeal, Milk and Olive Oil
Oatmeal is an effective natural moisturizer for dry hair. The combination of oatmeal and avocado as a hair mask can help in treating a dry and itchy scalp.
- Blend pulp of 1 ripe avocado, ½ cup oatmeal and ¾ cup milk.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the paste and mix well.
- Apply this paste all over your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat once every fortnight.
17. Avocado, Yogurt, Olive Oil and Honey
- Mix pulp of 1 avocado, 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Apply on hair and scalp.
- Wait for 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat once in a week.
Note: You can also just add 2 tablespoons of yogurt to mashed avocado in a bowl and apply it as a nourishing hair mask for dryness.