Lemon and Honey for Blackheads
Lemon contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA’s), which helps to removes dead skin cells and clear blackheads. It clears dead cells from the skin’s surface and controls oil production, preventing oil build-up.
1. Honey with Lemon
- Cut a lemon in half and pour 3 – 4 drops of raw honey onto the piece.
- Rub the lemon half on your face, focusing on the affected areas.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat 1-2 times weekly for best results.
- Note: Add a pinch of baking soda to the mixture for added results.
2. Warm Honey with Lemon
- Warm a small cup of honey.
- Cut a lemon in half and dip it in the warm honey.
- Scrub the lemon slices on your face, focusing on the affected areas.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat every other day for best results.
3. Honey with Lemon
- Boil water.
- Drape a towel over your head and stream your face, leaving a minimum of 12 inches from the hot water.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw, organic honey and fresh-squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
- Apply all over your face while avoiding the eye area.
- Let it sit 15 – 30 minutes (depending on your skin sensitivity).
- Rinse first with warm water followed by cold water to close the skin pores.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Applying moisturizer or serum.
- Repeat as needed.
- Note: Add an egg white to the mixture for added results.